|Our client is seeking a System Administrator to support the Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC) at NASA Langley Research Center. The ideal candidate will have experience managing UNIX (RedHat and SuSE Enterprise Linux) variants in large scale environments as well as experience maintaining network infrastructures (Ethernet switching, hardware, network design). This System Administrator will provide systems support for end users and complete support tasks for hardware devices and software packages, help with installation setups, and revise existing documentation guidelines.
Job Duties include:
- Experience in managing UNIX (RedHat and SuSE Enterprise Linux) variants in a large scale environment
- Preparing and maintaining general up-to-date documentation as required
- Proficient in shell scripting
- Assist the team to ensure maximum availability and optimal performance of all servers which includes installation, administration, maintenance, performance tuning and monitoring
- Work with the team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers
- Assist with implementing new system hardware and software
- Follow change management process for all related changes
- Perform backup and recovery services as required
- Help to facilitate the resolution of support /maintenance to meet customer expectations
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams to successfully resolve support issues
- Document and adhere to standard procedures and best practices
- Troubleshoot issues as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- May require rotating on-call shifts
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer-related discipline is required and 4 or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in systems management tools such as KickStart, XCAT, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience in managing Virtual Environments (RHEV/KVM, VMware, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience maintaining network infrastructures (Ethernet switching, hardware, network design)
- Experience working with shared file systems (GPFS, CVFS, Lustre, etc.)
- Experience in managing compute job scheduling software (PBS, UGE, etc.)
- Experience maintaining a systems backup environment (TSM, Legato, Symantec, etc.)
- Knowledge of versioning control software
- Experience working in a strict IT Security governance environment
- Proven record of being a self-starter with the ability to work in teams and the desire to learn new technologies
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to manage and complete multiple tasks of varying lengths in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to self-motivate and meet deadlines