In your role as Project Manager, at The North West Company (NWC), you oversee the engineering and construction of all NWC facilities and ensure they are constructed or manufactured in the most economical and efficient manner to suit their business requirements.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Assist in the development, as well as train and monitor the use of the North West Company’s project methodologies, tools, and aids;
- Identify and validate project scope, risks, constraints, dependencies, and resource demands;
- Oversee capital projects and monitor projects against planned budget and schedule;
- Prepare and obtain approvals for The Project Charter and associated work plan and budget;
- Ensure the proper energy initiatives are taken into account when designing our facilities to ensure we’re utilizing appropriate technology where applicable to rationalize a return on our investment;
- Ensure projects are engineered in line with NWC long term standards and specifications goals and initiatives from cost effectiveness and a utilitarian perspective;
- Monitor and audit project deliverables through the life of the project, make recommendations and report;
- Work closely with other Project Managers and Senior Management to resource projects and meet the scope, budget and timelines;
- Manage Project Managers/Coordinators in accordance with NWC leadership principles;
- Ensure project’s risk are identified and managed; and,
- Distribute project ongoing communication and escalate issues appropriately;
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with project management methodologies as a Project Manager or Project Leader;
- Combination of work experience in corporate retail or retail projects and project management education is desired;
- Efficiency with Auto CAD;
- Project Management Professional designation is an asset;
- Knowledge of retail design, construction, and facility management processes is an asset;
- Performance analysis of workflow and processes, knowledge of business functional groups is preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Microsoft Project is required;
- Strong organization, time management and people management skills; capable of operating independently with minimal direction;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize them while adhering to strict schedule deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations; and
- Ability to travel up to 100 days per year in North America.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Chief Development Office
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.