State Agency Manager
Summary of Position:
Manage an area encompassing an entire state, including oversight of existing agency representatives and hire of capable reps in markets where they see fit. Grow agency operations by securing and servicing agents and approved attorneys throughout the state to promote new and increased business activity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The State Manager is accountable for the quality and competency of the services provided by both direct and indirect operations to develop and maintain business and promote a favorable Company image within the state.
- Gathers general information, pertinent to the operation(s):
- From internal company reports;
- From consulting with owners, management and personnel of the title and/or abstract companies, approved attorneys, realtors, builders, mortgage bankers, state insurance commissioners, and other state and local officials;
- From research of printed material, such as financial publications, trade and association journals, legal advance sheets and legislative bulletins.
- Plans, develops and participates in marketing programs to enhance the competitive position and to maximize market penetration.
- Reviews and approves agency underwriting agreement contracts, including exceptions from these contracts which are requested by the prospective agents or approved attorneys.
- Reviews state operations, preparing recommendations to superior concerning significant changes in direct and agency operations which revise or create operating policies and procedures.
- Performs occasional title plant market studies in connection with proposed acquisition of other title companies and the opening of other direct operations. Makes recommendations regarding loans to agents and prospective agents for procurement of title plant facilities.
- Serves as the company's representative to state title associations and maintains liaison with Insurance Departments.
- Keeps abreast of and apprises Region/Division Manager of pending legislation which affect the Company's business within the state.
- Providing pertinent information to officials, and solicits their assistance bringing about new legislation to create uniformity in title insurance laws.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in overseeing an insurance agency operation.
- Title, Mortgage or other Financial service industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong experience in building relationships with internal and external customers.
- Advanced experience in reviewing and approving agency contracts.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record