Status: Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual opportunities available.
Availability: Must be available for potential evening and overnight shifts,.
In your role as Staff Pharmacist, at The North West Company (NWC) for the North West Telepharmacy Solutions (NTS), you will provide and support pharmacy care services to patients and other healthcare providers via Telepharmacy communications in Ontario, Quebec /or other Canadian provinces. This opportunity will be work from home.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive wage and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Provides Medication Information and Clinical Advice to Hospital staff (including Pharmacy staff, Nursing staff, Dietitians and Physicians):
- Provides medication information and/or advice in a clear and concise manner (either verbally or in writing);
- Documenst activity in accordance with required hospital practices to ensure continuity and transfer of care, along with statistics where required;
- Enters orders efficiently and accurately;
- Reviews for clinical appropriateness before signing off on the order;
- Identifies and assesses drug-related and device-related problems and takes action to prevent or resolve those problems;
- Assists in setting up new clients for remote telepharmacy services with site visits;
- Assists in training and mentoring of new staff through teleconference teaching or continuing education sessions;
- Assists in the Development of new service options, workand the development and provision of innovative value added services;
- Adheres to the Personal Health information Act (PHIA), the Personal Information and Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA);
- Practices in accordance with all applicable legal and ethical standards and Standards of Practice set out by the Provincial Licensing Pharmacy College;
- Adheres to the NTS’s Pharmacist Service Confidentiality Agreement; and
- May require on-call; overnight; stand-by services, with travel to hospital sites.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Front line Hospital pharmacist experience (2 years minimum);
- Experience with MediTech,Cerner,or EPIC software;
- Licensed Pharmacist in Good Standing with a provincial college of pharmacy in Canada;
- CSHP Membership is considered as an asset;
- Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe);
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively with onsite staff
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to educate and instruct patients, staff and other healthcare professionals through support over the phone;
- Ability to thinks quickly, multitask and work independently with minimal supervision
- Works autonomously and makes decision within scope of practice while adhering to site specific policies, procedures, and practices.
- Must be available for occasional evening and overnight shifts based on business needs.
Reports To: Senior Manager, Hospital Operations
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive wage is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.