Status: Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual opportunities available.
Availability: Must be available for occasional evening and overnight shifts, premiums apply.
In your role as Staff Pharmacist, at The North West Company (NWC) for the North West Telepharmacy Solutions (NWTS), you will provide and support pharmacy care services to patients and other healthcare providers via Telepharmacy communications in Quebec and/or Ontario. This opportunity will be work from home.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive wage and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Provides Medication Information and Clinical Advice to Hospital staff (including Pharmacy staff, Nursing staff, Dietitians and Physicians):
- Provide medication information and/or advice in a clear and concise manner (either verbally or in writing);
- Document activity in accordance with required hospital practices to ensure continuity and transfer of care, along with statistics where required;
- Enters orders efficiently and accurately;
- Review for clinical appropriateness before signing off on the order;
- Identify and assess drug-related and device-related problems and take action to prevent or resolve those problems;
- Assist in setting up new clients for remote telepharmacy services with site visits;
- Assist in training and mentoring of new staff through teleconference teaching or continuing education sessions;
- Assist in the Development of new service options, work with the Hospital Professional Services Manager and the Site Lead in the development and provision of innovative value added services;
- Adheres to the Personal Health information Act (PHIA), the Personal Information and Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA);
- Practice in accordance with all applicable legal and ethical standards and Standards of Practice set out by the Provincial Licensing Pharmacy College;
- Adhere to the NWTS Pharmacist Service Confidentiality Agreement; and
- May require on-call; overnight; stand-by services, with travel to hospital sites.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Hospital Clinical experience and retail experience is preferred. (2 years minimum each);
- Experience with either MediTech or EPIC software;
- Licensed Pharmacist in Good Standing with Ontario College;
- Maintaining malpractice insurance minimum requirements for Provincial Licensure is preferred;
- Must maintain continuing education requirements for Provincial Licensure;
- CSHP Membership is considered as an asset;
- Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe);
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively with onsite staff when applicable;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to educate and instruct patients, staff and other healthcare professionals through support over the phone;
- Thinks quickly, works independently with minimal supervision and capable of multitasking; and,
- Works autonomously and makes decision within scope of practice while adhering to site specific policies, procedures, and practices.
- Must be available for occasional evening and overnight shifts based on business need.
Reports To: Hospital Professional Services Manager
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive wage is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.