Work that rewards you.
The North West Company currently has exciting opportunities for full-time, permanent employment in retail stores across the North. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team where your experience and work ethic are appreciated and rewarded. With The North West Company, you’re encouraged to learn and grow on the job and to explore the beauty and the culture of the communities in which we live and work.
Retail Management with NWC
The North West Company offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Allowances for both food and accommodation
- Paid virtual training
As Store Management (Rotational), you will have the opportunity to visit and serve a variety of different locations and communities. Your management expertise will make you an asset to every store you serve.
- The opportunity to work in and explore remote communities across Northern Canada
- Paid transport to and from work
- Financial compensation for community relocations
Our store management team, are leaders in their store and important members of the communities they serve. Whether you’re at a store for several weeks or several months, you will take ownership over multiple tasks to ensure all operations run smoothly.
- Day-to-day management of retail store
- Managing store personnel
- Filling shifts as needed during vacancies
- Prioritizing and delegating duties
- Managing stock of retail store
- Bringing your skills to multiple locations across the North
Skills and Qualifications
We’re looking for professional, organized workers who have a healthy sense of adventure and a strong knowledge and experience base.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a high-volume grocery/retail environment
- The ability to quickly adapt to new communities and situations
- Experience in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation
- An enthusiastic attitude that’s paired with a strong work ethic
- The ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to problem solve and take initiative for an entire team
- A commitment to building relationships with people from all walks of life
- Proven organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills
- A motivated and adventurous personality
We’d love to hear from all workers who are motivated to thrive professionally and personally while making a difference in multiple communities across the North. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MULTIPLE MARKETS IN THE NORTHERNMOST REGIONS OF ALBERTA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, MANITOBA, ONTARIO, SASKATCHEWAN, QUEBEC, NUNAVUT, AND NORTHWEST TERRITORIES. RELOCATION ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE AND PAID FOR BY THE NORTH WEST COMPANY.
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR NORTHERN COMMUNITIES, RELOCATED EMPLOYEES WILL BE SUBJECT TO MANDATORY 14 DAY ISOLATION PERIOD UPON ARRIVAL.
The North West Company is proud to serve and support communities in Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food, and our goal is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs.