High Point, NC
We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated Advancement Officer for a great opportunity at High Point University. The ideal candidate will possess 3 years of sales, business development, or fundraising experience working in a University environment and a bachelor's degree.
About our client:
High Point University
High Point University is an extraordinary and unique environment. The Office of Institutional Advancement seeks to partner with a development professional whose values and purpose align with those at HPU and who desires to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift benefactors for the highest priorities of High Point University. Candidates should have a proven track record of success in development/fundraising or sales/business and be skilled at working collaboratively with team members to help achieve goals. Extensive travel will be required to meet with prospective and current donors. Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills. They should be goals and outcomes-oriented with excellent relationship-building skills.
Responsibilities of Advancement Officer:
- Embrace and articulate the mission and culture of High Point University and possess a strong working knowledge of its programs and departments.
- Embrace the job of fundraising for High Point University.
- Meet and exceed annual fundraising goals established by the office senior leadership, in conjunction and collaboration with the Advancement Officer.
- Proactively identify potential leadership gift benefactors (including donors to annual giving clubs, as well donors capable of making gifts in excess of $50,000) among alumni, parents, staff, faculty, friends and other sources. Meet with, solicit, and close gifts from these donor prospects in order to meet annually established fundraising totals.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to plan a strategy for top-level donors and develop proposals that align with the University’s top priorities and fit benefactor interests.
- Manage prospect portfolio of current and potential major gift benefactors in a disciplined, organized manner, consulting with the Associate Vice President for Development, Director of Major Gifts, and other team members regarding strategy, development and action plan for solicitation, closure and stewardship.
- Participate as a member of the University’s overall Institutional Advancement organization in the execution of a comprehensive Institutional Advancement program.
Requirements of Advancement Officer:
- 3 years experience of successful sales, business development, or fundraising experience, with a demonstrable record of progressive achievement
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Basic knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to think and plan strategically.