As a Data Engineer you will design, develop, enhance, debug, support, maintain and test Cloud data solutions that support the business. These solutions may involve diverse platforms, software, technologies and tools providing for a challenging and exciting from design and development to implementation. This is a new group being built and the role involves pulling data from SAP and non-SAP environments.
As the Data Engineer for this group you will work extensively with the business teams to build ETL and Transformation Rules, build an ingestion framework and build data models. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with business to understand and define system requirements, then make recommendations on solutions to fit the business need. Speaking with business stakeholders to understand user requirements and desired results is an integral part of this role. When evaluating the current system capabilities, you will note changes that are needed while understanding the impact of those changes to the business. During implementation of designed solutions, you will team with the IT team to integrate. Having project management experience will be helpful in delivering milestones during the development and management of solutions.
- 6+ years of application development experience in EDW systems
- AWS technology stack experience, including experience with S3
- ETL experience, ideally using Talend
- Data Modeling
- Experience building data use cases
- Experience with MySQL and/or Redshift
- Strong relational and OLAP database skills
- SAP BW exposure
- Excellent knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
Ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Critical thinking skills with strong communication skills to effectively communicate across varied areas including technology, business functions and senior leadership.
- Stays up to date with the latest emerging technologies in data lake scenarios and use cases.
- Team player with debugging and complex problem-solving knowledge and a positive attitude.