Vermeer - Midland/Odessa - Midland, TX
The Service Manager efficiently manages and directs all Service Department operations courteously and cordially, ensuring customer satisfaction and maximum efficiency for the business. Coordinates activities, cooperate, and partners with other departments to support customer needs. Sells company parts, labor, and total goods service. Communicates expectations to employees and facilitates adherence to Company policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedules all service work and assigns to technicians, oversees work to ensure satisfaction for all customers, and assists technicians when needed.
- Oversees the charge out of all service tickets, including customer, internal, and warranty work, in a timely, profitable manner.
- Hires, trains, leads, supports and provides input for annual performance reviews of service employees.
- Maintains and keeps current the service library manuals and bulletins.
- Works with sales staff on prompt and cost-effective reconditioning of used equipment.
- Controls expenses of the service department while maintaining effective services for customers.
- Contacts each customer, surveying how the quality of work was performed for services rendered.
- Assists sales personnel with new machine start-ups in the field.
- Assists sales personnel with customer contacts regarding sales and outside service sales.
- Conducts regular service department meetings and controls non-productive time, breaks, and lunches.
- Communicate service/warranty policies and procedures changes to ensure all employees have the appropriate information to perform their roles and responsibilities successfully.
- Represents Bobcat at factory, industry, and company events, including meetings and training
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
- High school diploma, GED, or vocational training/certification
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in a service-related field preferred
- 3-5 years experience in an identical or similar industry
- Mechanical/technical aptitude, safe work habits, and an excellent working knowledge of equipment operations and automatic functions.
- Strong diagnostic skills, works with minimal supervision, customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, able to adapt to the people and environment around them - customers, suppliers, co-workers, and manufacturer's employees.
- Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical, electronics, pneumatics, diagnosing, and calibration a plus
- Must communicate professionally, respectfully, and honestly at all times. Communication is to be clear, and language is to be profanity free, while employee demeanor is to be calm and composed.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet and humid conditions, intense cold, and extreme heat, moving mechanical parts and equipment, and noise levels in the working environment can be moderate to high.
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing, and clean driving record required
- Personal appearance must be neat and clean.
- Certain positions require a valid driver's license and the ability to meet requirements of the Company Driver Policy; the Company will review motor vehicle records annually for all employees for whom driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function or when employees must obtain and drive rental cars during the course of conducting company business.
Click here to apply online