Consistently voted as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces! We are a premier union commercial electrical contractor and we are adding an Engineering Department Manager to our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid team with room for professional growth and development.
Oversee the engineering department for the Bellevue office, focusing on engineering services. Responsible to build and manage an effective department capable of providing engineering services for the Pacific North West (PNW) operations.
Provide technical design, consultation, information and assistance to internal and external customers and ensure that projects comply with all engineering standards. The department manager will work under the supervision of the Director of Engineering.
Essential Job Functions:
- Candidate will be expected to recruit, hire and retain your own team of engineers, designers and production professionals.
- Provide leadership, engineering guidance and quality control for the department. Mentoring, teaching and training are an essential part of the position and critical to the development of the department. Will need to assign, direct, and evaluate the staffs work; and oversee the development and maintenance of their competence.
- Implement and maintain Prime engineering standards, processes and training materials. You will work closely with the Director of Engineering implement as well as develop these standards.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Engineering and our Executives, Associates & Ownership teams to provide effective engineering services that not only meets the needs of the PNW as well as distinguish Prime from its competitors.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in construction with expertise in the following key areas are expected:
- Power Distribution Systems
- Lighting & Control Systems
- Low Voltage Systems
- Power System Studies
- Perform other duties assigned by Director of Engineering
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Registered professional engineer with State of Washington license
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum 10-Years of experience in electrical systems design
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word & Excel
- Experience with Revit & Navis Manage a plus
- Advanced knowledge of the NEC as well as building codes and ordinances
- Understanding of sustainable design and LEED Documentation
- Ability to lead and manage people
Benefits and Perks:
- Compensation: DOE
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; no premium cost to employee
- Life and Disability Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Program / Profit Sharing / Discretionary Bonus
- Wellness Program which includes health club reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Benefit, Legal Benefit
- Paid Holidays & PTO Package
- Onsite Gym and Weekly Yoga
- Bagel Fridays
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
*Prime Electric does not engage with or utilize recruiting or placement agencies for any recruiting or hiring needs. Prime hiring managers are not authorized to review or accept resume referrals from any agencies.