Pre- Sales Engineer
LOCATION: Anywhere in the US (Remote)
REPORTS TO: SalesEngineering Leader
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Remote
Seeking a dynamic Sales Engineer to support our sales team by providing consulting and design support of Audio Visual solutions to local and national accounts.
- Work directly with clients and project team to develop budgets, timelines, and managing expectations.
- Work closely with the sales team, operations team, other design engineers, and manufacturers.
- Conceptualize audio visual system designs and determine system requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and coordination information to support the architecture, installation and planning of audio, video, and control solutions.
- Develop functional system designs with supporting documentation.
- Coordinate and review functional Scope of Work (SOW), one-line diagrams, rack elevations, custom wall plates or cabling assemblies with other team members.
- Oversee and reconcile the complete construction drawing package, support documentation for installation and coordination with architect and other trades.
- Maintain industry knowledge through continuing education and research of the latest AV technology trends.
- Maintain professional work appearance and outstanding customer interaction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 5+ years’ experience with Audio Visual system design
- CTS Certification, CTS-D or CTS-I a plus
- Understanding of control system products and applications (Crestron/Extron/QSC/AMX, etc.)
- Manufacturer certifications (Crestron/Extron/QSC/AMX/BiAmp/Shure/Audinate, etc.)
- Ability to read architectural and construction drawings
- Experience in estimating labor
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Professional and personable demeanor with good written/verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Excel
- Experience with web conferencing platforms (Teams/ZOOM/WebEx, etc.)
- Experience with Digital Signage a plus
- Experience with D-Tools a plus