Our client is an on-site supplier to both Mazda and Toyota in Huntsville, Alabama. We are currently searching for a General Manager to continue to build an excellent culture and promote team development. This person will:
- Direct and support team member onboarding and orientation
- Direct all budget creation for General Administration, Human Resources, Safety and Accounting to optimize expenses.
- Develop and update plant Hoshin
- Supports development plans/opportunities for all team members
- Supports the implementation of plant projects and initiatives.
- Support manufacturing operations through policies and processes that support staffing, morale, and budgeting. Kaizen attrition and attendance issues as necessary.
- Collaborate with Accounting & Finance GMs on standards and practices.
- Support functions related to budgets, consolidated financial reporting, forecasting, JSOX, internal controls, and monthly closing and reporting.
- Support functions related to IT services & solutions, business applications, IT security, IT infrastructure, networks, servers, virtualization, telephony and data centers.
- Ensure compliance with internal operating contracts (Authorization Matrix, Organization Agreement, etc.)
Lead and work as a collaborative business partner with plant Executives along with Finance to manage all labor cost and head count to meet profit plan target
- Create, manage and deliver all related HR KPI's to the Officers of the company
- Oversee and manage labor costs, headcount staffing, training, and development
Lead and coordinate the development of all Human Resources, accounting, and IT policies and procedures.
Provide day to day direction for HR, Accounting and Safety Departments.
- Meet with and direct activities for department managers on a daily/weekly basis.
- Direct the management of reporting and auditing for compliance with professional standards and statutory compliance.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Accounting, or Human Resources Management required; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years of Business Management, Administration, or Human Resources experience required
- Minimum 8 years of Management experience with multi-site responsibility, manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of Finance, Budgeting, and P&L
- Experience in Automotive OEM, Tier 1 Supplier in a Japanese management setting preferred
- Experience in Project Management preferred.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Able to influence executive decisions.
- Ability to manage projects with a limited support staff
- Comfortable with data analysis and problem solving activity
- Able to think and plan both strategically and tactically
- Detail oriented, high organizational skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and evaluate others
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Japanese would be helpful, but is not required.
- ERP System experience (Oracle preferred).
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.)