Data Platform Engineer
Up for a new challenge with a leader in Cloud innovation? We are currently seeking a Data Platform Engineer to be a part of a team tasked with building a big data platform on the cloud. This will be a homegrown platform built with bleeding edge tech (open source) that will offer self-service capabilities for engineers and data scientists.
Full-time Employee / Permanent
Location: 100% REMOTE
If you can answer "yes" to the following, let's talk!
- Are you a platform builder?
- Do you build tools that make engineer's lives easier?
- Have you thought about how to re-engineer AWS EMR or Kinesis?
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree (Comp Sci, Physics, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Advanced degree (bonus points)
- 5+ years’ experience with cloud services
- Deep understanding of Big Data - Hadoop, Pig, Spark, Hive, Kafka, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience with at least one statically typed, server-oriented programming language (Go, Rust, C++, etc.)
- Experience with Containerization (Kubernetes)
- Experience in Linux environments
- Exceptional knowledge of:
- Operating Systems concepts (CPU scheduling, memory management, I/O, resource contention, file systems, etc.)
- Analysis of algorithms (time and space complexity, data structures, randomized algorithms, hashing, etc.)
- Expertise in some (but not all) of the following areas:
- Computer networking (TCP/IP, ethernet, DNS, etc.)
- Databases (SQL, NoSQL, query optimizations, performance, etc.)
- Distributed systems (CAP theorem, peer-to-peer and client-server models, RPC, replication, consensus, scalability, etc.)
- Solid understanding of development tools (git, gdb, DTrace, etc.)
No third parties