Our client offers a tremendous career opportunity for the best and the brightest! They are historically known for providing challenge and growth to their Accounting/Finance team, and have a great reputation as a premier place to work. They are a global company based locally, and continue to grow steadily organically and through acquisitions. The are currently searching for a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will perform primary accounting functions such as: journal entry posting, general ledger account reconciliation and analysis, sales and use tax compilation, and inventory control as well as ad-hoc projects such as ERP implementation.
• Responsible for accurate financial statement closing on a monthly basis including preparation of journal entries and account analysis ensuring account coding accuracy, completeness, and compliance against budget.
• Analyze financial data for reconciliation of general ledger and subsidiary accounts, records, reports and journals.
• Perform detailed analysis regarding Company’s inventory control for multiple product lines.
• Key contributor to the implementation/conversion of a new ERP system.
• Able to perform tasks assigned at a high level of competency while meeting established deadlines.
• Proactively engage in process improvement/automation
• Compile and process time-sensitive state sales and use tax returns.
• Contribute to departmental success by actively cross-training with other accounting functions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
• Perform process improvement/automation tasks on a consistent basis.
• Act as liaison between Accounting team and other department heads to understand departmental needs and costs with the goal of maintaining the integrity of financial statements.
• Review general accepted accounting principles when needed to ensure financial statement accuracy.
• Prepare audit schedules for external auditors.
• Assist in budget preparation and reporting.
• Perform all other ad-hoc projects as requested by the Director of Accounting and Corporate Controller.
Required Education and Skills / Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Accounting required (Master’s preferred)
• CPA preferred
• Public Accounting experience, preferably Big Four, or Internal Audit experience required
• 4+ yrs. of experience in accounting and/or audit roles
• Software Exp.: MS Excel, advanced level, Great Plains Dynamics, preferred
• Ability to provide accurate and detailed financial reporting
• Ability to close the books: monthly, quarterly and annually
• Ability to work independently with exceptional time management skills
• Ability to problem solve and escalate issues when necessary
• Ability to take on increasing levels of responsibility
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
• Ability to think creatively, with a demonstrated ability to adapt to change
• Detail oriented
• Knowledge and application of GAAP