Position: Service Desk Triage Engineer
Department: Service Desk
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
The Service Desk Triage Engineer would be working the Service Desk, answering phones and assigning service tickets. This engineer would be in charge of monitoring service boards in our ticketing system to make sure no tickets would go without attention for an extended period of time. A high level of customer service/attention would be required, solid technically, and well organized. Attention to detail, inclined to follow up, and of course be closely aligned to our company’s core values!
- Primary Phone Support (first to answer help desk phone line).
- Triage all incoming tickets – assign to appropriate resource.
- Work/Coordinate/Schedule/Monitor all service delivery boards.
- First Responder to all System-generated 911 Alerts (during business hours).
- Respond to all assigned service tickets within specified time limits, responsible to make sure others do the same.
- Provide remote and phone support to end-users from MotherG headquarters.
- Log all service details within ticket.
- Diagnose & Dispatch all service tickets.
- Keep accurate track of time for service tickets.
- Close simple Helpdesk Tickets (Avg. 5-15 closed tickets per day).
- Work with Service Desk Lead and Project Coordinator to schedule onsite resources when applicable.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team huddles, prepared to report on your individual metrics including reasons for deviation.
- Participate in Customer Service Skills Training.
- Maintain education and knowledge to align with support needs.
- Member of On-Call rotation as scheduled and required to support our clients.
- Know, and understand MotherG’s Core Values, Vision, Mission, Value Proposition, and Service Offerings.
- Be able to read and understand a ticket when it comes and escalate if necessary.
- Correctly identify an issue and assign the ticket accordingly.
- Enthusiastically take on the role of your primary job description, knowing that at times you'll be called upon to fill responsibilities defined within secondary job functions.
Skills and Experience of a Service Desk Triage Engineer:
- Diagnose hardware and software issues.
- Experience with major hardware vendors – Dell, HP, etc.
- Updated knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems – desktop and server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Exchange, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
- Basic networking knowledge (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.) is desired.
- Troubleshooting skills is required.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Outstanding Customer Service experience.
- Current education/experience/certifications reflecting your competency in your chosen field.
What does Success look like in this job role?
Successful Service Desk Triage Engineers make clients happy by being the first person to interact with them in their time of need, and doing so with an empathetic, pleasant manner. This position requires an understanding that heavy phone work – phone conversations instead of emailing – is vital and the norm. They work diligently to keep not only their own ticket productivity up, but support all service desk engineers to keep the total tickets on service desk boards at a minimum. They maintain quorum among all service-related boards. They interface with their co-workers in a direct, honest, respectful manner. They speak openly about their challenges and where they need help. They collaborate with their co-workers to improve everyone’s performance as a whole.
In order to be successful as a Service Triage Desk Engineer, you’ll consistently meet and exceed posted goals for NPS while closing simple tickets.
Personal Key Performance Indicators – measured statistics
- Individual metrics will be measured in personal NPS, tickets closed / day and % billable/utilization averaged per month.
- personal NPS GOAL: 75
- close an average of 5-15 tickets per day.
- Average Age of Tickets per board below posted thresholds.
- Responsible for Response Time metrics