The Network Engineer will provide network engineering operational support and development for a broad range of network systems and environments including the full system engineering lifecycle, and requirements analysis: configure, test, evaluation, maintain, integration, test, and install. This individual will primarily be focused on the wireless network, routing & switching, and security technologies operational support, and Wireless projects that impact cross-functional aspects of the enterprise. This position will also require the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of current and emerging wireless networking technologies, products, and services to take the company to the next level in meeting and advancing business and financial goals.
- Responsible for global enterprise design, integration, configuration, and implementation of the wireless environment (Visitor, employee, customer) and mobility (BOYD, Voice/Video over wireless, etc) This includes researching, testing (PoC/Pilot), and recommending network development and solutions.
- Responsibilities for the wireless heat map and wireless layout using Ekahau and Aruba Airwaves.
- Implementing and supporting network-engineering solutions of organization’s LAN, WAN, WLAN, SDWAN (Cisco Viptela), Cloud, VoIP, and Network Security focused infrastructure projects. Projects include coordinating the configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting multi-vendor network security devices, cabling systems, bridges, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection, web content filters, VPN (client & net-to-net), network acceleration devices, and other network-related
- Providing network support in the design, integration, and deployment, and troubleshooting of enterprise implementations. Liaise, coordinate and work with site contacts (local and international) of different business units to develop the engineering design to support the business projects/initiatives and operational requirements/performance.
- Providing Incident troubleshooting on network, wireless, and security technology-related issues (Severity 1-3) as assigned on any shift within a 24x7 shift period. Will also be responsible for Problem Management coordination by interacting and collaborating with network engineers, network vendors, business communities, and other technical support personnel to help solve enterprise-level data networking problems.
- Managing team’s services and infrastructure requests (ISRs/IPR) on daily basis. Ensuring completion and proper adherence to our standards and practices.
- Preparing, maintaining, and creating network documentation (diagram, process, standard operating procedures) and administration of network and wireless systems.
- Analyzing system and/or network performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput, and effectively utilize resources. Monitor resource usage and make adjustments as needed.
- Participating in on-call Tier 1-3 production support activities based upon documented support procedures. Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages under the guidance of Sr. Engineers or Architects.
- Planning and estimating accurately the overall activities within the domain for individual tasks to provide the necessary input into the project managers for developing an end-to-end plan under the direction of the manager or consultant.
- Participating as a team member on wireless network and development enterprise projects.
- Pro-actively seeks out on the job training or educational opportunities from senior resources to increase both technical and professional skills
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of network experience (Wireless and Wired)
- Hands-on in; Aruba AP/IAP/Controllers, Ekahau, Airwaves routing & switching, firewall (Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto), VPN (Global Protect, DUO), Solar Winds, network protocols, and topologies; network security and overall system integration.
- Strong knowledge/experience in wireless/RF communications with expert knowledge and experience in technology integration of Wireless Broadband/Convergence (IEEE 802.11, WiMAX, BYOD, etc)
- A highly motivated individual with strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently on multiple complex and sometimes ambiguous problems. Able to communicate complex concepts, problems, and solutions clearly and effectively.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task various initiatives and activities.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to solve relatively complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to communicate, interact, and pro-actively engage in understanding issues to resolve technical infrastructure problems with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at any level.
- Requires very good communication skills with the ability to state messages clearly by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- ACDP, ACCA, CWNA, and CCNA all preferred but not required.
Sponsorship is not available for this role.