The company is seeking a Geostructural Engineer in their Philadelphia, PA office. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop effective and attractive structural design solutions for unique situations in support of the geotechnical engineering group. You will also support site/civil and landscape architectural groups. This position offers significant opportunity for professional growth including, but not limited to client interaction and development and much more!
Typical geostructural analysis and design support for geotechnical projects includes: support of excavation, underpinning, slope stabilization, utility support, ground-improvement, shallow and deep foundations, earth-retaining structures and grouting programs. Typical geostructural engineering for the site/civil engineering and landscape architecture projects include reinforced-concrete design of site structures such as retaining walls, stairs, ramps, pavements, rooftops and specialty site and landscape structures; loading calculations for fences and railings; footing and foundation design for site lighting, fences, bollard and site furnishings, stone and masonry-clad walls, decking and boardwalks; and design of other concrete, steel and timber construction. Other tasks will include design and oversight of positive cutoff walls, dewatering systems, and waterfront features such as railings, paving materials, and site furnishings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural or Geotechnical focus from an ABET-accredited university; Master’s degree is a plus;
- Related geostructural experience;
- Professional Engineer licensure is a plus;
- Ability to design support of excavation details and documents from concept through completion;
- Proficient with soil and rock mechanics, soil-structure interaction analysis and design, numerical analysis and LRFD methodology;
- Solid understanding of ACI, AISC, AASHTO, and building codes that guide site/civil and landscape architecture design and construction, along with practical knowledge about traditional and innovative materials and finishes;
- Software proficiency in: Plaxis 2D, RISA, MathCAD, and AutoCAD; Experience with Plaxis 3D a plus;
- Willingness to perform field work as needed; Experience with earthwork and support of excavation and concrete construction oversight a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with staff, co-workers, management and clients;
- Strong technical skills, analytical ability and attention to detail;
- Possess effective time-management skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities and commitments;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Ability to travel is required along with a valid driver’s license in good standing.
The company is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. They provide a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Their comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
They offer flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!