Our client is a top ten nationwide insurance broker and employs more than 10,000 risk professionals. Their mission is to be the best and most respected independent insurance intermediary in the nation, with over 70 years of continuous service. The client is ranked as the seventh largest such organization in the United States and in the World by Business Insurance magazine.
Come work with the best of the best!
State of Virginia Employee Benefits Practice Leader
This Virginia state-wide Employee Benefits Practice Leader will have at least ten years of progressive group life and health insurance experience; majority must be within a brokerage or consulting firm, with regional and national experience preferred. This is a highly visible role with the Employee Benefits practice operation, will support national initiatives and all EB sales, operations, service, support, and carrier relations at the statewide level. Must be both tactical and strategic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with EB carrier partners to develop strong relationships, and to provide an avenue for support, escalation, resolutions of issues at a National level.
- Identify unique growth opportunities with Employee Benefit carriers and vendors.
- Help drive revenues through strategic and tactical guidance to producers.
- Negotiate and maintain applicable carrier and vendors contracts at a National level.
- Serve as a centralized resource and subject matter expert for all EB inquires internally and externally.
- Develop, rollout and own National initiatives to support client growth and retention within the Employee Benefits practice, including tools, technology, and resources.
- Lead operational integration activity of newly acquired Employee Benefit operations, evaluating processes, vendors, carriers, policies, and talent, integrating into the World platform.
- Exercise problem solving skills, crafts and presents actionable recommendations, and works field offices to implement solutions with the Employee Benefits practice.
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of services and solutions within the Employee Benefits practice.
- Contribute to development and implementation of strategies and scalable solutions for employee benefit clients through extensive knowledge and experience in small, middle, and large market employee benefit consulting.
- Drive operational improvement throughout the Employee Benefits operations across Virginia.
- Create and facilitate key messaging and training for EB operations.
- Currently posses a Health and Life licenses
- Experience with a national employee benefits broker; preferred experience in a regional or multi-office operational / Client Executive role.
- Extensive experience in the placement of all lines of EB business including fully insured and self-insured medical, comprehensive understanding of commissions, carriers and program nuances throughout the US.
- Excellent Excel skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data for trends and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA Preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- 2+ years in project/ program management and operational improvement specific to Employee Benefits preferred
- National carrier relationship experience a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience, skills, and attributes.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify and solve difficult business problems.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Ability to gather, synthesize and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and in written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines.