As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for 60 years. With 25 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,400 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Therapist to join our Adult Behavioral Health team of talented professionals.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- Must have a Master’s degree in Social Work and possess full corresponding State of Michigan licensure (LMSW). State licensure must continually remain active, in effect, and free from disciplinary action.
- Candidates must obtain the Qualified Mental Health Professional credential within 120 days of hire.
- Must have one year of experience (may include time spent in fieldwork or internship) treating or working with people who have been diagnosed with mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and attention to detail skills in order to track and prepare data accurately and timely.
- Must have the ability interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Individual programs may have additional requirements.
- Additional requirements include: cultural competency, the ability to work effectively with a diverse population, the ability to engage and maintain therapeutic relationships with individuals and families in a variety of modes of treatment, the ability to develop collaborative relationships with other unit staff and providers, and a willingness to be flexible.
The Adult Behavioral Health Therapist is responsible for maintaining a caseload consisting of clients, adolescents and adults, with a primary substance abuse and/or mental health diagnosis. The therapist is required to conduct intake assessments, to maintain the case record in a timely fashion, to complete authorizations with various funding sources in a timely manner as required, and to conduct appropriate treatment services based on medical necessity. Regular working hours for staff are Monday through Thursday 8:30 am to 7 pm and Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm. Evening hours will be required, and determined based on program needs.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by logging onto our website at www.guidance-center.org/careers
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online