Director, Risk Management Services
Another opportunity through Recruitment Partners! Our client, an Alberta-based organization in the financial sector, is looking for a Director for Risk Management Services at their Edmonton location. The candidate for this role will be responsible for Information Services teams and must ensure that each team is completing their required operational security tasks.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Act as the first point of contact for all IS Security Issues
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Information Services risk framework
- Provide processes for the documentation of Information Services security threats, risks of project and operational goals
- Create the IS Risk Assessment forms and procedures while maintaining awareness around the process
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on enterprise workstations, servers and systems in databases.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers in the Systems and Networking groups as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of security goals, to solicit feedback and to foster co-operation.
- Communicate with peers in the Systems and Networking groups so that they understand the security goals needed to solicit feedback and foster co-operations.
- Work with corporate policy management, corporate communications and The Learning Centre to communicate and train employees on policies.
- Maintain awareness of advances in Risk Management technology and recommend innovations to the management team
- Conduct security management consulting for internal business units
- Provide risk reporting to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Review security related incidents to ensure appropriate actions have been taken and completed
Your strengths include:
- Two years of security management experience
- 5+ years in two of the following areas or more: IS security management, risk management, continuity management, IS change movement
- 5 years’ experience working with IS teams in a medium or large sized organization
- Prior experience working at a financial sector, preferably banking.
- Hold a certificate in one of more of the following areas: GIAC Security Essentials Certification, GIAC Security Leadership Certification, ISACA Certified Information Security Architect, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security (ISC)2 SCCP, (ISC)2 CISSP, (ISC)2 ISSAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Being able to work both independently and with a team
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Jason Wong.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!