As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for nearly 60 years. With 25 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,400 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time contractual Behavior Technician I to join our team of talented professionals within our Autism Benefit Program.
To qualify for this position, you must:
Be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent and:
- Be currently pursuing a bachelor degree in psychology, social work, special education, speech therapy, or related field; or hold an associate degree in one of these fields. Experience providing ABA to persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder preferred
- Have a bachelor degree in another area, with a minor in one of these fields. Experience providing ABA to persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder preferred
- Completed approved 40 hour behavior technician training and have experience providing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- The Behavior Technician must also possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as have the capacity to serve in diverse environments.
- Candidate must obtain DHS clearance.
- Must obtain certification in First Aid, which TGC will provide if the candidate is not certified prior to employment.
- Must also possess a valid driver’s license in good standing, have reliable transportation as well as possess and retain current and valid automobile insurance.
- Additional requirements include: a nonjudgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of individual clients and families, the ability to engage and maintain clinical relationships with families, the ability to develop collaborative relationships with other providers, effective interpersonal communication skills, the ability to assess and intervene within complex family and community systems, and a willingness to be flexible, patient and creative.
The Behavior Technician I will provide applied behavior analysis (ABA) treatment utilizing Discrete Trial Training (DTT) and/or Natural Environment Training (NET) to clients in the Autism Center. They will assist clinical staff with implementation of ABA treatment plans. The Behavior Technician I will work in conjunction with the treatment team.
Regular working hours are to be determined based on the needs of the clients and program. The number of scheduled working hours will be up to 28 hours per week. This a part time contractual position working 15-28 hours per week between the hours of 8:30-7 M-TH, and 8:30-5 F with evening hours required.
The Guidance Center believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by clicking the "apply" button on the bottom of the screen.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply online