Currently seeking a Business Analyst (full-time/permanent) for an immediate vacancy with a financial institution in Hoboken, NJ. As the Business Analyst, you will analyze business requests for system development related to customer, market, industry, or regulatory changes. This will involve researching industry information, and working with IT, business, and vendor resources to deliver complete analysis, BRD, mapping specs, and other required project documents.
Hybrid role - some days in office required
What you will do:
- Plan, manage, and report on the analysis phase of assigned projects
- Analyze user requests and confirms scope and desired outcomes
- Write and use simple SQL queries for data analysis
- Understand and analyze upstream and downstream systems and interfaces for impact
- Create supporting Visio diagrams and prepare mock-ups, as needed
- Deliver BRDs that are in line with the BA framework and templates
- Support QA and UAT test approach and scenario creation
- Prepare System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documents
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years’ experience as business/systems analyst
- Demonstrated ability to manage a process and timelines
- Ability to break down problems and processes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong business knowledge of Global Custody or related banking field, including securities & cash processing, SWIFT, multi-currency accounting, securities lending, corporate action processing, reconciliation, statements, and other reporting
- Ability to write basic SQL queries a plus
- Knowledge of client/server and Web-based technologies a plus
Local candidates only.
Must be legally authorized to work for any US employer, without sponsorship.