- Work in a public accounting firm that embraces a family-friendly, community-based, low stress work environment.
- Fast-track to Manager.
- 300 staff; no worries about big-firm mentality.
- #4th largest Virginia-based CPA firm.
- Offices throughout Virginia & Maryland
- Flexible work environment: remote option
Job Duties and Responsibilities: See below
Areas of Accountability
- Challenge yourself to maintain a keen understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles – specifically as they relate to Tax and Audit – and the ability to appropriately apply these principles in your everyday work
- Take ownership of problem solving and solution finding by clearly identifying the relevant/key issue(s) as they arise
- Seek guidance from Managers before initiating a solution, but always come prepared with possible solutions – or how you think it could be solved!
- Contribute to the creation and preservation of positive client relationships & trust by demonstrating:
- Clear and concise communication with Firm Leadership regarding progress and/or status of client returns
- A sense of urgency and an appreciation for timely completion of work to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Attention to detail and thorough revision of completed work to double check for accuracy
- Prepare and complete workpapers that you can be proud of!
- Organized Neat Cross-referenced Uniform Thorough
- Seek opportunities to assist Managers with additional client returns, workpapers, or other general tasks to both further your knowledge & experience as well as benefit the team’s success as a whole
- Understanding that there is value in the skills that you’ve acquired, and that at times, those skills may require you to spend time on projects and tasks outside of your typical scope of work
Keys to Success
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience in Accounting and an interest in sitting for the CPA exam
- 150 Credit Hours preferred, but not required
- Understanding, or ability to quickly learn, relevant and necessary Audit practices and methodologies
- Ability to work as a part of a team and an appreciation for giving and receiving productive feedback
- Effectively managing time and priorities while working on multiple simultaneous tasks or deadlines
- Strong desire to learn and grow as a professional and as a leader within your team and your community
Opportunities for Development
- Company supported professional and leadership development including, but not limited to:
- Mentoring within Leadership Circles, Tuition Reimbursement, Comp Time for Continuing Education, and Professional Association Membership Dues
- Actively contribute to the growth and development of junior team members by providing feedback and guidance – a rising tide raises all ships!
- Recognition and reward for initiative and dedication – your hard work won’t go unseen or unappreciated!