ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recommends and establishes the organization's financial and accounting policies.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes.
- Oversees all financial functions including accounting, capital and operational budgeting, daily cash management, credit control, insurance, and tax filings.
- Coordinates the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Establishes strong working relationships with the company’s internal and external auditors.
- Assists the annual planning process and consolidates management input into the company’s annual operating plan.
- Assists with the creation and implementation of the company’s strategic plan.
- Develops and implements finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Interacts with other managers to assist with planning and operational initiatives by providing financial analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Analyzes financial and operational reports to pinpoint problem areas and to help guide senior management’s decision-making.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Provides strategic input, finance and accounting support for all merger and acquisition activities.
- Approves and coordinates changes in automated financial and management information systems.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Ensures records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Builds a strong finance and accounting department by optimizing the department’s organizational structure, by adding human and capital resources where necessary, and by ensuring that capabilities and skill levels within the department are constantly improved.
- Prepares and meets annual expense budgets for the finance and accounting department.
- Acts as an active and supportive member of the senior management team, providing input to help in the company’s decision-making processes.
- Maintains appropriate up-to-date knowledge of changes in accounting rules and regulations.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports and assists the IT department related to financial reporting and internal controls.
- Establishes strong working relationships with co-workers. Provides effective coaching of department employees and maximizing their effectiveness in a good working environment.
- Supports all company policies, including working in a safe manner and helping promote the importance of safety throughout the company.
- Helps achieve the company’s Quality Policy goals and actively support the ISO process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Directly manages the company’s accounting and finance staff.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting
- Successfully completed the CPA exam.
- At least 10 years experience in finance and accounting including 3 years in a controller position
- At least 5 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations including sales and property tax issues.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate teams to produce results within tight time frames.