In your role as Wholesale Division Manager, you will provide leadership and direction for the company’s Wholesale division in the areas of: sales, receiving, inventory management, customer order processing, customer service and employee training & development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and organize the receiving process for all incoming shipments based on order of priority; work closely with the Merchandise Manager for optimum results;
- Establish offloading standards as well as performance measurements and review the subcontracting system and make recommendations for policies and procedures;
- Implement an inventory control system, and initiate a program of cycle counting to identify possible breaches in the inventory control systems; prepare reports
- Develop and implement a protocol and effective feedback mechanism with the purchasing department to recommend optimum order quantities for out of stock items;
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing Department to initiate and execute plans for growth opportunities with existing and new customers;
- In partnership with the Finance Department execute a credit management system;
- Supervise and monitor the Wholesale Division Cash & Charge Financial Transactions;
- Develop and implement programs to reduce bad merchandise levels within the department; ensure safe product handling, enforce quality standards at receiving, make regular recommendations on items to be discontinued and maximum order quantities;
- Ensure the effective management of the freezer, and cold store department with emphasis on but not limited to: hygenic standards, stock rotations, minimizing loss, providing feedback on un-saleable product;
- Manage the Pre-pack Department with a focus on: cleanliness, equipment maintenance, department goals;
- Establish and execute measurable performance standards and make recommendations for incentive programs; conduct performance and salary reviews;
- Coordinate training and professional development of all team members;
- Ensure company vehicles and warehouse operating equipment in fleet are fully operational, and maintained;
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with varying priorities;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and managerial skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to communicate with employees at on levels within the organization on a variety of business matters.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.