The purpose of this position is to improve the environmental, health, and safety performance related to the manufacturing plant using practical problem analysis, subject matter knowledge, and EHS practice experience.
- Assist implementation of company specific safety programs, to include training safety methods, procedures and policies based on company and provincial guidelines.
- Monitor and assist in Behavioural Based Safety Audits and provide feedback to leadership on level of engagement and compliance through regular reporting on audit details.
- Monitor facility and processes for adherence to provincial guidelines including Health and Environmental Safety.
- Manage all waste manifesting and documentation reporting with vendors.
- Support facility in job hazard analysis and measures and evaluates effectiveness of safety policies, make needed recommendations
- Provide guidance, direction and training to assist team members in accident identification and prevention in order to reduce or eliminate hazards and associated risk
- Support and lead the emergency response team (ERT), safety committee, perform safety and /or environmental training
- Respond to employee accidents with treatment, investigation, internal & external reporting and recordkeeping and follow-up in accordance with WSIB and workers' compensation laws and regulations
- Educate and advise management on their EH&S roles and responsibilities, specifically around individual liability per Canadian regulations
- Participate in company EHS functions and meetings to gain organizational knowledge and sharing of best practices
- Complete ergonomic assessments for sites and support actions to complete projects and implement improvements.
- Monitor and file all training records in accordance with company requirements.
- Participate in all internal and external EH&S audits and address issues identified and coordinate corrective action(s) with team members where needed
- Perform data entry and management of the Company's EMIS and ERA systems.
- Perform environmental sampling as needed and report findings.
- Coordinate local EHS activities with those of the organizational EHS Leadership team.
- Participate in new hire orientation as needed to speak about safety expectations and facilitate safety compliance training.
- And other duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - AGENCIES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental or other technical disciplines.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 3 + more years working in a manufacturing environment desired
- ASP or CSP designation desired
- Served on a plant Safety Committee prior and experienced with provincial Safety Committee requirements.
- Expertise with provincial environmental and health standards desired
- Previous experience as part of an Emergency Response Team or first aid certified desired.
- High energy, great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Strong training and presentation skills to include group training of EHS topics.
- Previous hazardous waste awareness level, train-the-trainer designation for hoist, forklift and man lifts desired. Provincial environmental experience and familiarity.
- Experience in using a structured root-cause analysis tool to identify root cause and establish action plans to remove hazards or guard against them.
- Ability to collaborate and lead by example in implementing corrective measures to prevent harm to employees.
- Requires local travel and infrequent overnight travel out of the area.