- Provides clerical support and assists with various administrative projects within the Customer Service Department on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for emailing and submitting invoices through EDI for customers.
- Reviews all FedEx Exceptions and schedules redeliveries when applicable.
- Assists with typing memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents. Also, assists with any filing needs of the company.
- Signs and keeps track of all incoming/outbound deliveries and notifies appropriate person or department.
- Responsible for ordering company lunches.
- Serves as a backup to Reception
- Works with co-workers and manager to ensure that there is always sufficient phone coverage during office hours and coordinates with co-workers to ensure coverage during rest and meal breaks.
- Provides as needed administrative support for multiple company departments and levels.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma and 5 years experience in a multi-line phone system required; Associate Degree with 2 years experience in a multi-line phone system preferred.
- Previous Receptionist experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities and detail oriented
- Strong follow through and organizational skills
- Team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent work ethic
- Local candidates only (Los Angeles, CA location)
- Must be agreeable to posted wage.
Job Status: Temporary 6 months, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to occasionally alternate between sitting and standing positions. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle controls, computer and mouse; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, and lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds on occasion.