This position will be instrumental in building out a new data center. Will need to commute to the western suburbs as well as Chicago, with some work from home potential (primarily remote until Covid abates).
Key Points of the role:
- 5 plus years of relevant work experience Full Network Administration Suite Knowledge (Cloud Computing, Firewalls, IaaS, Switches, Routers, IPSEC, GSLB, Netflow/WAF/IDS/IPS, NFV, Load Balancers, etc.) required
- Experience overseeing all aspects of complex design, configuration, implementation, and troubleshooting wired and wireless communication infrastructure.
- Experience supporting data, voice, and video in converged and non-converged configurations.
- Experience with Cisco Networking and ACI Software Defined Networking required
- Experience with Infrastructure Lifecycle Management, Network Engineering, Technical Project Management, Network Routers and Network Switches required
- Cloud and Data Center Connectivity (Azure Express Routes, AWS Direct Connect Transit Gateway) required
- Other IT Operations, Infrastructure, Systems, and Telecommunications experience a plus
- Experience with Networking Protocol BGP, OSPF, GRE and VPN a plus
- Proactive problem-solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions
- Recommends, implements, installs and maintains network architectures (LAN and WAN).
- Develop best practice for the support and deployment of routing, switching, DNS, wireless, and software defined networking
- Analyzes networks and recommends upgrades/changes; assesses organization's current and future network needs.
- Oversees network support and monitors the daily operations of network staff and records incidents and changes.
- Develops and monitors policies for the use of network resources.
- Partners with Security to ensure compliance of Cyber Security Governance