Employee Benefits Account Manager
Our client is a privately held insurance agency headquartered in the heart of Fairfax County. As an all-lines insurance broker, they have been serving domestic and international communities with success since 1970.
They offer a wide range of insurance products and risk management services, including Embassies & Diplomatic Missions, Commercial, Life and Disability, Employee Benefits and Private Clients.
As the recipients of the GOLD Stevie Award for Best in Customer Service, their standards for providing the best customer experience are extremely high.
Looking to take your account management career in Group Benefits to the next level with a global insurance player based in Northern Virginia?
This opportunity offers:
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and international company culture
- Work/Life Balance: 100% Remote Option
- Significant opportunity for professional growth
- Work 100% Remotely
- Young and Energetic Corporate Culture
- Jump on the train - the Benefits Department has tripled since 2019
- Manage renewal and new business carrier/vendor marketing and analysis using workflows.
- Implementation for all assigned renewals within target timelines
- Coordinate and present benefit information for open enrollment.
- Create benefit communication materials and presentations.
- Document agency management system for client information, plans and documents.
- Lead client service calls.
- Act as the primary backup to Account Executive and Client Advocate
- Educate, train and mentor service team members and delegate tasks.
- Handle escalated client eligibility, billing and claim requests.
- Attend client meetings both in person and virtual as needed.
- Maintain high retention of existing clients and client satisfaction
- Project management skills, follow through.
- Attention to detail, organized, flexible, and ability to multi-task.
- Time-management and prioritization skills are essential.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually assigned tasks.
- Professional, poised and courteous.
- Assertive, motivated and strong interpersonal skills.
- Patient, empathetic and diplomatic.
- Reliable, committed and a team player.
- Active Life & Health Insurance license.
- A minimum of 3 years employee benefits service experience.
- At least 2 but prefer 3 years of experience managing a book of business in the 50+ lives market.
- Local resident (MD, DC, VA) preferred to attend OE meetings as needed
- Experience with agency management systems, vendor and carrier systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Experience with level and self-funding preferred.
- Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- This position offers bonus opportunities based on the department’s performance in meeting or exceeding various retention, new business and client satisfaction goals.
- Our agency offers a wide range of benefits including health, dental, Life, STD, LTD and 401K benefits.