As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for 60 years. With 25 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,400 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multisystemic Therapist to join our Children's Behavioral Health team of talented professionals!
Preferred experience includes: MST, administering social skills assessments and interventions, direct use of pragmatic (i.e. structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies, cognitive behavioral therapy with children and adults, Wayne County CMH services, electronic medical records, juvenile delinquency, behavioral marriage and family therapy, JAIS, Court reporting, Court testimony
- Must have a Master’s Degree or higher and be a Psychologist (TLLP, LLP, or LP) TLLP supervised by a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC or LPC) LLPC supervised by a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Master's Social Worker (LMSW) or Limited Licensed Master's Social Worker (LLMSW) supervised by a Licensed Master's Social Worker
- Must possess and retain current licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Must Meet Michigan Department of Community Health requirements of a Child Mental Health Professional (CMHP)
- Must have at a minimum of 1 year of experience in the examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families
- Nonjudgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of individual families
- Ability to engage and maintain therapeutic relationships with families
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with other providers
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to assess and intervene within complex family and community systems
- Willingness to be flexible, patient and creative
- Must have a favorable driving record and be able to obtain a chauffeur’s license within 30 days of hire
The MST Therapist is responsible for providing mental health treatment and case management services. Services are delivered in the home or community based on the needs and preferences identified by the client / family. Must be willing/able to work a non-traditional schedule based on the needs of the families served. Must be able to deliver cognitive behavioral clinical services and implement interventions that within the youth’s natural ecology (i.e. peers, school, neighborhood). Must be able to deliver behavioral therapy that targets school behavior and academic performance. Must be able to provide marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches. In addition to providing family-centered services, the MST Therapist is responsible to help families to develop collaborative relationships with other human service organizations and people or agencies in the community who can help to enhance and maintain a viable support network for the family after services have ended. The MST Therapist is responsible to help coordinate and integrate services that are provided to families by multiple service providers and to identify and eliminate barriers to effective service delivery. Must maintain flexible work schedules and carry a pager and/or cell phone as needed. Will need to be available to MST clients 7 days a week, 24 hours per day as needed. Must possess a “whatever it takes” mentality in delivering services to clients. Due to the demands of the MST clients, an MST Therapist may not have employment outside of the MST program. Must be willing to sign a no-compete contract.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by logging onto our website at www.guidance-center.org/careers
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online