The Senior Analyst, IT Operations, Financial Planning & Analysis will primarily be responsible for analyzing and reporting on the global results for the company and its divisions, providing divisions with system and analytic support, and partnering with global shared functions to understand and analyze spend. This individual plays a critical role in providing senior management an assessment of historical and forward-looking financial performance, including analysis of variances and trends, risks and opportunities, and communication of business insights. This role requires strong organization and communication skills, while maintaining attention to detail in a fast paced environment. The role will involve an equal blend of accounting and FP&A responsibilities in support of IT Operations.
- Perform deep analysis and review of corporate spending on a global basis.
- Prepare monthly management reports, variance and trend analyses and financial review documents. Support need for ad-hoc reporting and presentations, including business reviews and management presentations.
- Assist in the monthly close process including SG&A analysis, capital consumed, bonus accrual adjustment and corporate chargeback analysis.
- Develop financial analyses, business scenarios and other modeling to support strategic decision making and initiatives.
- Provide concise and insightful commentary on our financial and operational results. Communicate effectively within a global organization to understand and explain results, highlighting opportunities and risks to management.
- Collaborate with members of global shared functions (IT, HR, Finance) to drive accountability and ownership by providing financial support and analytics.
- Prepare forward looking financial forecasts and partner with business leaders to support decision making.
- Identify areas that can be improved and propose new solutions to increase value and business performance.
Work Experience and Education Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with strong relevant experience.
- 3+ years in corporate finance/accounting field.
- Must have FP&A experience.
- Must have Accounting exposure including experience validating cost centers, making journal entries, checking accounting work and performing month-end closing.
- Very strong MS Excel skills and PowerPoint experience.
- Experience in a mid to large size manufacturing organization
- MBA or Advanced degree in Finance or Accounting
- SAP and BPC experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, including the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with senior management
- Experience developing business presentations and related supporting documents. Exceptional knowledge of Excel, including advanced functions.
- Highly motivated with high ownership of work product. Dedication and commitment to driving results.
- Highest standards of accuracy with strong attention to detail; highly organized.
- Team player with positive attitude. Ability and willingness to provide coaching and development opportunities for staff.
- Flexibility to work evenings as needed and must be able to work extended hours during financial close.
- Must be able to communicate cross-culturally as part of an international organization.
- Travel limited 0-15%.
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced environment.