Prime Electric, a premier electrical contractor is searching for the right candidate to join our team as Safety Technician. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid team with room for growth and development.
This is an immediate full-time opening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with our PNC Safety Director
• Assist project management (PM/PE, Superintendent, GF/ Foreman) in implementation of Prime IIPP on project sites
• Conduct safety training, testing, and record keeping for employees
• Promote Prime safety culture by Increasing safety awareness and attitude
• Conduct frequent job-site safety audits and provide safety expertise in response to all identified deficiencies and requests for safety assistance.
• May require travel to various job sites throughout the bay area
• Track and conduct accident/incident investigations and prepare correlating documentation.
• Conduct equipment inspections
• Assist project management in conducting safety orientations for new employees
• Assist GF/F with conducting weekly safety meetings for job-sites
• Work with (and assist) GF/F in safety processes as it relates to the job site pre-task/JHA planning steps
• Manage all safety documentation (file electronically and submit all safety related documentation as required)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety and Health Management preferred but not required
• OSHA 30 Construction Certification
• OSHA 500 CAL/OSHA 5109 Certification Preferred
• Professional certifications a plus (CSP, ASP, CHST, STSC)
• 2 – 5 years’ experience in construction safety
• Back ground in Electrical Construction preferred (familiar with NFPA 70E, Lockout Tagout and other electrical methods of procedure)
• Ability to recognize hazardous situations and recommend corrective measures
• Thorough understanding of Federal, State and Local Regulations
• Strong Computer Skills (Outlook, word, Excel, etc.)
• Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
• Excellent organizational skills
• Valid California State driver’s license
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing conditions
• Be a self-starter, organized and able to work effectively and efficiently with little oversight.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Compensation: DOE
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; no premium cost to employee
• Life and Disability Benefit
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Travel Benefit
• 401k Program / Profit Sharing / Discretionary Bonus
• Wellness Program which includes paid health club membership
• Education Reimbursement Benefit
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.