Nurse Executive Director of Home Health Registered Nurse RN
Washington, DC area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Nurse Executive Director of Home Health Registered Nurse RN for a great opportunity in the Washington, DC area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in a home healthcare or a related field in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Executive Director of Home Health Registered Nurse RN
- Responsible for continual compliance with all federal and state regulations, laws, and policies and procedures applicable to Home Health
- Employs qualified individuals and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations of the whole provider
- Ensures that the Clinical Director is available during all operating hours or directly provides coverage for those duties. Must be immediately available to be on-site during business hours, or immediately available by telephone when off site conducting agency business, including but not limited to community presentations, conferences, and meeting with physicians
- Responsible for directing day to day operations of the provider
- Supervises all patient care activities to ensure the delivery of safe, economical, and efficient patient care, which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical practice, to include federal and state regulations, and Joint Commission standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer source criteria
- Assists in policy review and revisions as requested to establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care, cost controls, quality assurance, and staff performance. Ensures that established policies are enforced
- Serves as a member of the Management Team, QAPI Team, and other committees as assigned within designated timeframes
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services, including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meeting.
- Acts as Emergency Coordinator during emergencies ensuring appropriate plan execution.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Nurse Executive Director of Home Health Registered Nurse RN
- 3 years' of home healthcare or a related field leadership nursing experience required
- 5 years' of home healthcare or a related field nursing experienced required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state where practicing