Job Title: Director, Business Development - (West Coast)
About the Company:
The opportunity is with a mid-size Contract Research Organization (CRO) that has a significant global reach. The company has one of the largest global footprints of any CRO today and they are committed to not only maintaining a standard, but to continue to strengthen our presence even further.
About the Position:
This is a full-time, direct hire position needed to support and compliment efforts of our global BD team to reach annual sales targets. Manage and grow company’s customer base by assisting in developing and implementing strategies to facilitate long term relationship with new and existing clients. Assist in the generation of new leads and set up meetings with clients who have business to outsource within the company’s current and planned service capabilities. Assist in the development of new strategic accounts.
- Primarily generate leads with new clients and source appropriate contacts to facilitate potential meetings and new business proposals.
- Research and stay on top of local intelligence on a day to day basis and identify potential opportunities in the pharmaceutical/biotech media.
- Track opportunities so that company is positioned to interact with clients at the appropriate moment.
- Ensure that POI’s Customer Relationship Management System is up to date at all times with details of client’s calls, correspondence and opportunities, etc.
- Develop and drive “close strategy”, review and provide prompt feedback on written proposal drafts.
- Prepare for and attend industry conferences
- Coordinate territory development activity with account development
- Develop and maintain account development strategies and manage against goals
- Other duties as assigned.
- Report to Director of US BD
- Liaise with Sponsors and prospective Sponsors, Global BD, Client Services, senior management, and department heads.
- 5-10 years’ experience within the CRO/pharmaceutical industry with an understanding of clinical trial processes
- Detail oriented
- Able to manage and prioritize deliverables with competing timelines
- Team player mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel when required
For more information please contact:
Phone: (201) 470-4601