Bull City Talent Group is seeking a dynamic Business Analyst II for a local company in Cary, NC. The BA will work with the product manager to analyze and understand customers’ business problems, translate them into requirements for development, and coordinate acceptance and launch of solutions that solve those problems in a compelling way.
Job Accountability Responsibilities Key Measures
(95%) Key tasks, duties, and responsibilities of position (target 3-5)
• 30% - Drive the Agile software development effort by acting as the voice of the customer to define and clarify user stories with the development teams through continual team collaboration, business acceptance testing, making quality decisions, and taking responsibility for the overall development team success.
-Classify and prioritize bugs
- Writes user stories
• 20% - Facilitate requirement resolution among multiple and conflicting parties (AAR) or interface with stakeholders to obtain requirements (Commercial and Central). The user stories will include the business logic, requirements, expected behavior and user acceptance criteria. The Business Analyst will test the user story and sign off on the business functionality completeness.
• 20% - Elicit business goals and collaborate with business owners and subject matter expects to develop new product ideas. Identify potential solutions to business problems by applying technical and non-technical analysis. Assist the Product Manager in developing road maps that include these new product ideas.
• 20% - Provide third level support to the product support team as the product subject matter expert. Analyze and assess data usage and product performance for maintenance prioritization.
• 10% - Continually prioritize work within the budget, level of effort and opportunity costs constraints by leveraging customer, product support, internal IT and other stakeholder interests. Work can be defined as user stories, features, new products, projects or a process improvement.
• Product Launch/ Releases: -Lead launch plans and servicing requirements; confirm that the new releases function as intended and there is no negative impact to existing functionality.
-Provide Customer Service and Product Support training.
-Develop customer communication plans.
• Author and manage business rules and workflows.
• Understand internal and external dependencies for assigned products (1 to 5).
• Project approval cycle (gaining consensus from key stakeholders)
• Ad hoc analysis and reporting
• Multi-day, in-person meeting planning and logistics (AAR)
• Review and update release build documents
• Act as business representation for release pre-implementation meetings
• Attend and contribute to face-to-face customer meetings
• Attend off-site conferences and trade-shows
• Participate in product maintenance review, research, development, and testing
• Support on-boarding for new team members
• Create and maintain documentation of business processes and application user guides
• Support the product manager in the daily activities and operation of product lines, projects and customer interactions.
• Conduct market research and business intelligence analysis around new product lines and profitable opportunities.
• Participate in root cause analyses for product performance.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement processes
• Other duties as assigned
• Successful Product Launches as determined by the customer base
Principles & Values List examples of how position displays and supports Railinc Principles & Values
• Collaboration: We collaborate with our teams and our customers to get the job done, respecting individual ideas and contributions and moving forward in pursuit of shared goals.
• Results: We deliver on our promises to create value for the freight rail industry through talented people, good ideas, business leadership, and great technology.
• Service: We serve the changing needs of our customers and our industry to enhance the value they bring to our community, the environment and our economy.
•• Strong ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized and flexible.
• Confident in building customer and industry relationships
• Strong research skills with an attention to detail.
• Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Experience in analysis, basic statistical analysis; must be able to write basic SQL queries
• Ability to work independently and jointly in unstructured environments in a self-directed way.
• Ability to take a leadership role on projects and with customers
• Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
• Experience in technical messaging formats.
• • Bachelor’s level degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field and minimum 3-6 years relevant analyst experience or in lieu of a degree a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience will be considered
• Experienced in research and analysis of data, market needs, and customer issues.
• Working closely with team members during development and product launch
• Rail industry or logistics experience preferred.
• Sedentary work: assignment involves sitting at workstation (desk) most of the time (up to 8 hours) with only occasional walking and/or standing
• Keyboarding: Primarily using fingers for typing
• Talking: Expressing or communicating verbally through use of spoken words (accurately conveying detailed or important spoken instructions to others)
• Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
• Visual: Through close visual acuity, required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading (with or without correction)
• Environment: work is performed within an office setting and therefore no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions (i.e. extreme heat, cold, noise, etc.)
• Travel: Some travel may be required (up to 10%)