Why join Giant Tiger Management team ?
Interested in being part of a profitable Canadian-owned company with more than 55 years of proven success? Imagine being involved in the local community, delivering the best possible experience to your customers. At Giant Tiger, we can make that happen. We give Store Managers the opportunity to use their skills and experience to make the best buying and merchandising decisions for their store. Combined with our common sense business approach, Owners/Operators lead exceptional teams that focus on providing fun, smart savings to our customers every day! Our unique Management Development Program allows you to gain experience in all aspects of running a profitable store while learning from our most successful Store Managers. The end goal is to become a Giant Tiger Store Manager – a challenging but rewarding prospect. We are dedicated to providing you with the tools you need to succeed. That’s our promise to you. After all, being a Giant Tiger Store Manager is an experience we want you to feel good about. Plain and simple.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for retail who wishes to build their management skills. Your strong people skills in motivating, leading and engaging store associates will lead the store and team to success and bring our brand essence of FUN, SMART, SAVINGS to life!
- Control over product assortment in a “pull” ordering system environment
- Control labour and overhead costs
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns and return on investment
- Opportunistically drive sales through promotional offerings
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the store and takes action as required to address issues
- Lead and control the goals and performance standards for the store
- Recruit and develop new talent
- Manage and motivate all employees, including performance management
- Advance the store’s competitive position within the trading area
- Minimum of 5 years of retail management experience in a high volume store with a minimum of 2 years as a Store Manager; Big Box experience is an asset
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational, buying, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building and maintaining customer relationships
- A proven leader with strong employee relations skills including demonstrated experience in mentoring and developing staff
- Strong merchandising abilities
- Motivated and high energy with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of Giant Tiger's customers
- Demonstrate a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC and Giant Tiger's vision, mission, values and strategies
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.