Laboratory Manager - Pathology
150+ bed hospital in the Fairbanks area is seeking a Lab Manager to oversee and manage the Pathology Department including include Histology, Cytology, and Pathology Office staff including routine coverage of shifts in Histology/Cytology areas.
- Hands on manager – work bench as needed
- Key to quality management, process improvement and regulatory compliance for all areas of the Pathology Department.
- Work closely with the Pathologists as part of the Laboratory Management team
- Annual – 6500 on average - Surgical mostly, some medical
- Day Shift
- Monitors daily workflow
- Supervise the operations of assigned areas, to include hiring, orientation, scheduling, educational needs & staff competency, performance reviews and disciplinary functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology
- ASCP – HT or HTL
- Team player
- Working bench manager – must have histotech experience
- Cytology experience a plus
- Immunohistochemistry experience required
- 3+ years of Lab experience required
- Solid leadership skills needed
- Good communications skills to deal with tight knit staff and Pathologists
- Demonstrate superior proficiency in analysis, quality control and quality assurance operation and evaluation, procedure implementation and maintenance, customer service, instrument implementation and maintenance
- Good problem solving and organization/prioritization skills
- Ability to critically think and multitask with good work product produced
- 2 Histo Techs
- Cytology Tech
- Lab Trainee
- 2 Pathology office staff
- 2 FT Pathologist and 1 part time
The Fairbanks area offers small-town living combined with spectacular natural beauty and plenty of fun recreation. It’s a great place to live and work. Anchorage is 6 hour drive away or a short flight.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org