Work that rewards you.
Cost-U-Less currently has exciting opportunities for full-time, permanent employment in retail stores across remote locations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team where your experience and work ethic are appreciated and rewarded. With Cost-U-Less (CUL), you’re encouraged to learn and grow on the job and to explore the beauty and the culture of the communities in which we live and work.
Retail Management with CUL
Cost-U-Less offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Allowances for both food and accommodation
- Paid training
Our store managers are leaders in their store and important members of the communities they serve. They are customer focused and empower team members to take initiative and achieve results. If you are willing to leverage your enterprising spirit to run your store like an owner, this opportunity is for you!
- Day-to-day management of retail store;
- Provide supervision, training and overall leadership to the store;
- Communicate, implement, and support all direction from corporate office, regional manager, and field support personnel;
- Develop, communicate, and implement effective monthly operational plans that are aligned with the regional programs and objectives (NWCI), including financial and fiscal responsibilities;
- Filling shifts as needed during vacancies;
- Prioritizing and delegating duties; and
- Managing stock of retail store.
Skills and Qualifications
We’re looking for professional, organized workers who have a healthy sense of adventure and a strong knowledge and experience base.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a high-volume grocery/retail environment;
- Familiarity with US product mix and good business acumen;
- Experience in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation;
- An enthusiastic attitude that’s paired with a strong work ethic;
- The ability to stay calm in stressful situations;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to problem solve and take initiative for an entire team;
- A commitment to building relationships with people from all walks of life;
- Proven organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills; and
- A motivated and adventurous personality.
We’d love to hear from all workers who are motivated to thrive professionally and personally while making a difference in the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MULTIPLE MARKETS IN REMOTE REGIONS OF THE UNITED STATES AND TERRITORIES, SOUTH PACIFIC AND THE CARRIBEAN. RELOCATION ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE AND PAID FOR BY THE NORTH WEST COMPANY.
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR NORTHERN COMMUNITIES, RELOCATED EMPLOYEES WILL BE SUBJECT TO MANDATORY 14 DAY ISOLATION PERIOD.
CUL opened its first retail warehouse store in 1989, on the Hawaiian island of Maui. In 1992, CUL initiated its expansion by opening stores in relatively remote island locations, the first of which was in Dededo, Guam. Today, CUL operates warehouse club-style stores in the United States Territories, the Hawaiian Islands, foreign island countries in the Pacific and the Caribbean and Sonora, California. Our primary strategy is to operate in island markets, offering predominately U.S. branded goods. Learn more about CUL here: costuless.com