Northern, FL area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Laboratory Supervisor for a great opportunity in the Northern, FL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in a Laboratory Department in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Supervisor
- Supervise technical and/or non-technical laboratory personnel and assign areas/shifts Develop, implements, and monitors new policies and processes
- Develop monitoring systems for the collection, documentation, and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies initiate corrective action plans and re-monitors results
- Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage, and expense logs; participates in MOR.
- Prepare and submit capital expenditure requests, department projections, and annual budget.
- Provide management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training
- Screen, interview, and select qualified individuals for open positions within the department
- Initiate counseling and discipline according to policies and procedures
- Review and approves payroll time sheets, purchasing requisitions, check requests, and scheduling requests
- Complete and conduct performance evaluations for all staff under direct supervision after three months of employment and annually
Requirements of the Laboratory Supervisor
- 3 years' of Laboratory Department experience leadership required
- 5 years’ experience as a Medical Technologist
- 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science or Medical Technology is required
- 4-Year/Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology is helpful
- Must have Florida Supervisor license!
- A State of Florida Supervisor’s License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- Licensure is 3 technical specialties preferred