We’re looking for an Analytics Engineer for our real-time IoT platform to enable remote monitoring of industrial assets. This is an end-to-end cloud IoT platform with ongoing field deployments.
Our team is a growing hardware/software innovations group. We combine deep engineering knowledge with the best of software engineering and data science to tackle reliability and condition-monitoring applications.
The Analytics Engineer will be responsible for delivering new, commercially re-usable analytics solutions and demonstrating value proposition to customers. You will leverage standard suite of platform and core module analytics & algorithms, software application capabilities, strong engineering & analytics backgrounds.
- Good understanding of basic industrial equipment reliability and failure causes, the ability to quickly understand the key operational characteristics of new equipment, interview domain experts for failure mode knowledge, and assess how possible failure models will affect measured parameters and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Engage key technical & subject matter experts (SMEs) across the business for knowledge capture into the solutions.
- Provide core product requirements to Product Management, Software Engineering and UX Design teams.
- Work on a team of Analytics Engineers and Data Scientists who perform analysis of real-time sensor data to predict equipment operation and failure modes.
- Gather end-user customer requirements and feedback to support product engineering in development of industrial IoT solutions.
- Develop a trusted advocate relationship with internal and external customer constituents.
- Ensure that all teams have correct and timely information they need in-order to ensure successful delivery of analytics to customers
- Drive repeatability in solution component architectures.
- Hands on programming for scripting data processing, model building and streaming jobs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 5+ years of professional experience in Industrial IoT solutions
- Programming in python or Scala
- Manufacturing OR Engineering Industry experience
- Analysis and identification of failure trends
- Understanding of industrial equipment and process operations, especially in the areas of maintenance and process control
- Data Science background with experience in the application or orchestration of Machine Learning algorithms or heuristics.
- Clear understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and respective experience with its application in design and development phases.
- Strong Customer mindset and ability to understand commercial and product strategy.