We’re looking for an Analytics Engineer for our real-time streaming platform to enable remote monitoring of industrial assets. This is an end-to-end cloud IoT platform with ongoing field deployments. Our team is a growing hardware/software innovations group. We combine deep engineering knowledge with the best of software engineering and data science to tackle reliability and condition-monitoring applications.
The Analytics Engineer will be responsible for delivering new, commercially re-usable analytics solutions and demonstrating value proposition to customers. You will leverage standard suite of platform and core module analytics & algorithms, software application capabilities, strong engineering & analytics backgrounds.
- Good understanding of basic industrial equipment reliability and failure causes, the ability to quickly understand the key operational characteristics of new equipment, interview domain experts for failure mode knowledge, and assess how possible failure models will affect measured parameters and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Engage key technical & subject matter experts (SMEs) across the business for knowledge capture into the solutions.
- Provide core product requirements to Product Management, Software Engineering and UX Design teams.
- Work on a team of Analytics Engineers and Data Scientists who analyze equipment operation and failure modes to detect the failures through the analysis of process environment, equipment operation and real-time sensor data.
- Gather end-user customer requirements and feedback to support product engineering in development of industrial IoT solutions.
- Develop a trusted advocate relationship with internal and external customer constituents.
- Ensure that all teams have correct and timely information they need in-order to ensure successful delivery of analytics to customers
- Drive repeatability in solution component architectures.
- Hands on programming for scripting data processing, model building and streaming jobs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 5+ years of professional experience in Industrial IoT solutions.
- Programming in python or Scala.
- Understanding of industrial equipment and process operations, especially in the areas of maintenance and process control
- Experience in application or orchestration of Machine Learning algorithms or heuristics.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Clear understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and respective experience with its application in design and development phases.
- Strong Customer mindset and ability to understand commercial and product strategy.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organization and communication skills to successfully build and maintain relationships with designers, engineers, and data scientists