Our client is developing new cloud-based, data-oriented products. They’re a small team wholly owned by a stable and well-established company. They have retained ROSS to help them recruit a Software Developer.
Location: Toronto East End (near Fairview Mall)
Experience Level: New grad to Senior
Preference: Individuals who have side projects on github, etc or contribute to open-source (e.g., passion for software development)
Flexibility/Full Stack: You must be experienced with back-end development, however, this is a small team so you would need to be open to working on (and learning if necessary) front-end / middle tier
We are a small team at an established company. Working with us you get the flexibility and decision making speed of a startup, with the benefit and security of a stable organization.
Looking for a change or a new start? We are growing and are always interested in meeting new, enthusiastic individuals who share our passion for data.
You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of technical and business problems, which may include campaign analytics, predictive analysis, natural language processing and social media data to create a robust suite of audience measurement and analysis tools. This is an exciting time to join the company as it transforms itself to deliver superior customer service, information insights, and analytics to its clients.
- Microsoft development stack, including .Net Framework, C#, SQL Server
- Agile software development process
- Knowledge of and experience with various aspects of software development
- Strong attention to detail with ability and willingness to continuously improve
Nice to have skills and knowledge
- Parallel/multithreaded algorithms and processing methods
- Deep understanding of algorithms (including computational complexity) and data structures
- Understanding of distributed processing methods
- Machine learning and predictive analytics
- Mentoring/leadership skills, training and development of peers
- Various platforms and programming languages (Unix/Linux, C/C++, Java)
- Microsoft Azure or other cloud service platforms
- User interface/user experience design
- Scripting languages
- Testing frameworks
- Key-value stores, NoSQL databases
- Utilize software engineering tools to design, develop, and maintain software products and provide reliable solutions using sound Software Engineering techniques
- Collaborate and share knowledge through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Estimate level of effort, participate in planning activities, evaluate new technology, offer suggestions to improve processes
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other associates in cross functional teams
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards learning and continuous improvement, as well as strong attention to detail with ability and willingness to correct errors
Education & Experience
- Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent university degree or college diploma or 3+ years of experience in Software Development or Engineering
If you're not interested, but know someone who is, please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them and earning yourself a $750 referral fee!
Click here to Apply Online