Construction Project Engineer-Entry Level
Pontchartrain Partners, LLC has immediate openings for entry-level construction project engineers at its corporate office in New Orleans, LA and/or on project sites throughout the South East, South West, and Midwestern United States. Scopes of work include but are not limited to heavy civil and marine construction specifically related to coastal restoration, rock dikes, bank stabilization, weirs, levee construction, levee repairs, underground utilities, pile driving, structural concrete, and building construction
General Job Duties
- Project engineer candidates must be team players, with a strong and consistent work ethic. Capable of self-starting and solving problems in a collected and efficient manner.
- Candidates should have an interest in working on heavy civil and/or marine constructions projects specifically at the federal level.
- Candidates may assist pile driving inspector
- Participate in the set up and maintenance of construction engineering and project management including planning, scheduling, budgeting prior to and during the project.
- Assist in the coordination and expediting necessary to ensure proper and timely delivery of shop drawings and submittals, construction materials, change orders, pricing and related approvals.
- Assist in creating, updating, and referring to request for information (RFI) logs, submittal logs, bulletin schedules and start-up document checklists.
- Assist in updating and maintaining contract drawings with new contract information received during construction.
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and updating project schedules.
- Assist with compilation of project close-out/operation and maintenance manuals for delivery to owner
- Must be able to work as part of team. Team work will require taking direction from supervisors, delegating to/coaching field staff, and working with project superintendents, QC managers, Safety team members, and office administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite software
- Experience in Primavera scheduling software preferred.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
Pontchartrain Partners, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.