- Provide Administrative Support in all construction related processes:
- File, store and maintain all project files and all documentation as necessary, physical and digital.
- Photocopying, ordering drawing prints, scanning, filing, receive and upload paperwork, hard copy reports and plans that arrive at HO (e.g. planning applications) etc.
- Assist with the flow of invoices and approvals.
- Support Project Manager / Director(s) in work flow tasks, e.g. print agreements to get signatures, calls couriers etc.
- Assist Project Manager / Director(s) with inputting data into scheduling software.
- Support Project Manager / Director(s) in coordinating all project drawings/specifications.
- Order drawings and maintain up to date office drawings
- Manage project database (update drawing list and distribute weekly).
- Assist with drawing and specification review
- Coordinate lighting/plumbing/hardware specification development.
- Coordinate plans and specifications - for example, low voltage, kitchen equipment etc.
- Assist Director(s) in steering project(s) through development, design, permits and construction phases to deliver on time and within budget.
- Coordinate internal company review and comments back to Architect and other consultants on drawings and specifications as required.
- Coordinate meetings, manage and maintain minutes
- Liaise with consultants as required, as directed by Director(s)/Project Manager
- Support Project Manager/Director(s) throughout building permit process and other permit processes as necessary.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a corporate office environment preferred.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or combination of education and related experience in construction environment is preferred.
- Previous exposure to design documents, construction documents, and / or contracts would be an asset.
- Ability to read and understand drawings (architectural, mechanical, etc...]
- Industry knowledge of retirement community / hotel / design / construction / project management would be an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Project would be an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft skills proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Articulate English verbal and written communication ability.
- Skilled at building mutually beneficial relationships (corporate partners, suppliers, owners, consultants).
- Diligent attention to detail, impeccable organization and multiple project coordination skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team-based environment.
- Ability to provide structure and consistency in a fluid, rapidly evolving, broad, and cross functional work environment.
- Highly self-empowered, motivated to learn.
- Successfully set priorities, take ownership of responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Well organized structured thinker.
- Ability to anticipate problems and execute solutions – proactive problem solver.
- Ability to work under intense activity and pressure conditions.
- Ability to travel to job site as require