Assistant Branch Manager - Farm Inputs
Our client is an Agribusiness retailer who has gone through multiple mergers and acquisitions over the past 10 years. They have now established their OWN, attractive, corporate culture with an on-farm focus to enhance crop production for producers in Western Canada. While they are dedicated to the study of agriculture and helping their producers get the highest yields for the crops they grow, they are dedicated to ensuring their staff have the support, training, and environment in which to succeed. When their staff are content, they can then continue to provide exceptional customer care.
Our client is hiring for an Assistant Branch Manager for an agri-business retail location(s) in Saskatchewan. In this role you will have dual responsibilities and variety - providing customer care regarding agricultural products and services and assisting the Branch Manager in day-to-day operations. Get your foot in the door with this organization and get the experience required to advance your career into the management space!
Do you offer:
- Managing a client portfolio; balancing the needs of the producer with internal targets
- Continually reviewing customer information to make recommendations based on trends, market requirements, and potential business opportunities
- Provide accurate and timely information/advice to current and potential customers
- Analyze current and future agricultural trends and services needs
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with current and potential customers
- Supervise merchandise receipts for quality and quantity
- Organize and supervise receiving, storing, assembling, distributing, and selling of farm supplies
- Daily manage and supervisor branch staff; scheduling hours
- Assist Branch Manager with human resource activities; coaching and performance management
- Maintain safe warehousing standards; oversee inventory
- Make recommendations regarding potential marketing opportunities within marketplace
- Supervise housekeeping; promote safe working conditions at all times
- Along with Branch Manager, coordinate branch staff tasks
- Assist with cross-training to optimize operational efficiency
- Participate in trade shows and promotional themes
What's in it for you?
- 5+ years' progressive experience within an agri-business retailer OR related customer service experience combined with two years' agri-product sales and service
- A valid class 5 driver's license
- Completion of a certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business or equivalent is preferred.
- Solid understanding of fertilizer and agricultural chemical usage with a focus on improving agriculture!
- Solid understanding/knowledge of retail branch operation and equipment
- Understanding of the demands within agriculture outside the laboratory
- Ability to assess risk and make sound decisions
- Ability to coach & develop people while adhering to HR policies
- Good persuasion and motivational skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- An industry competitive salary (overtime eligible),
- Pension (matching)
- Benefits package (new, revised program as of January 1st)
- In-house training programs (CCA)
- Scheduled work during peak times (not on-call all the time)
- Managers that have autonomy at their branch
- A pro-active, on-farm focus
- Work/life integration
- Diverse organization
- Overtime can be banked or paid out
- Option of flex-time arrangements
- 15 days vacation in year 1!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database; our clients do not provide sponsorship.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online