Boat/Yacht Engineering Manager WANTED (East Coast Florida Boat Builder) : $150,000++ DOE (Base+Bonus+Relo+401k)
Marine Industry Recruiter: Tom Cassidy (Tom@henrylonski.com): Confidentially send me your resume
My client is seeking an experienced and proven Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate has prior large boat/yacht experience, and has planned, organized, and directed an engineering team to meet Company objectives for new product development and well as improving current models. Will also need to be a successful/effective project manager who can work closely with production.
- Plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities and projects within an organization.
- Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
- Incorporates components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output. Manages overall engineering budget and costs.
- Manages a departmental function within a broader corporate function. Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function.
- Develop and implement an engineering department structure for all recurring tasks including tracking of hours, management of departmental budget and develop controls of an internal ECN.
- Project planning of new models from concept to delivery of a finished build book.
- Direct the design for yachts under construction: liaise with supplier for material costing and quotations, installation details and OEM approved installation; also on warranty issues
- Ensure that accurate and timely drawings, designs and detailed drawings are issued according to the applicable rule.
- Manage the issuing of specifications standard equipment list and specification for ongoing projects.
- Monitor designs, review and approve all functions associated with engineering for electrical, mechanical, structural and outfitting, calculation of drive line systems, load analysis, and incorporate of compliance to regulatory rules.
- Review and distribute Engineering notices related to modification and documentation of all drawing.
- Optimize engineering activities in support of production departments
- Mentor engineers to develop world class engineering output.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in marine engineering or a related engineering field with demonstrated applicability to integrated shipboard machinery installations (e.g. naval architecture, ocean engineering, mechanical / electrical engineering) from an accredited university.
- Preferably 8 years’ experience as an Engineering Manager/Supervisor of a luxury motor yacht production facility
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Rhino and Solidworks
- Total compensation package of $150,000+ (DOE)
- Live and work in a unique environment with year round outdoor activity
- Excellent company culture and history.
- Health insurance, Retirement Planning, Paid holidays
If interested, please send me your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should exhibit proof of past success stories with results. Your resume should show a solid work history and THREE excellent professional references.
Referral Policy: Whenever you refer someone to us that we place, we will send you a check up to $1,000 as a Referral Bonus.
Tom Cassidy, Jr.
Lonski and Associates LLC