Status: Up to 12 Month Term
Part-Time (20 hrs/week)
In your role as Logistics Administration Clerk at The North West Company (NWC) you will support transportation operations by ensuring that invoices for carrier services are paid the expected amounts in a timely manner.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary, and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Review and upload EDI, excel and paper carrier invoicing, comparing rates on file versus rates charged, identify any discrepancies;
- Initiate appropriate processes within the Transportation department to conduct further investigation when discrepancies arise, contact all parties involved;
- Prepare reports outlining invoicing variances to be utilized for future analysis;
- Maintain rates in Transportation systems as contracts and fuel surcharges are updated;
- Assign appropriate general ledger codes to costs where necessary;
- Coordinate with finance to ensure timely flow of freight invoices and updates on general ledger codes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience or education in Finance or Transportation considered an asset;
- Experience within a fast-paced office environment required;
- Ability to review high volumes of paperwork in a timely manner under tight deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word;
- Proven organizational and prioritizing skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be detail conscious while maintaining a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- Knowledge of Canadian geography, particularly Northern Canada is an asset;
Location: Winnipeg Logistics Service Centre, 100 Murray Park Road
Reports to: Manager, Logistics Systems
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.