Our client is a well-established leader in online sports gaming with a Technical Centre of Excellence at Yonge and Sheppard. They have engaged ROSS to help them recruit an Machine Learning Algorithm Developer.
You must be available to spend 1-2 months in Curacao (in the Caribbean) to receive extensive training about sports gaming domain. Of course all your expenses will be paid by the employer.
This company is profitable and growing with over 400 employees worldwide.
- Perform industrial research by developing math models and algorithms to be used in automated trading applications
- Evaluating state-of-the-art statistical modeling and Machine Learning approaches using historical data
- Developing prototype applications in R and/or working with developers to produce the end-user tools
- Big Data Analysis, Visualization and Modeling.
- Data Acquisition, Cleaning, and Transformation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in statistics
- Relevant experience with R highly preferred (other statistical programming languages could be relevant) such as SAS, Python (NumPy/SciPy) or MATLAB
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms, Probabilistic Models, and general statistical modeling approaches
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build systems according to business specifications.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on for several different projects.
- Ability to work in an environment where the team is co-located. Self-motivation is a must.
- Relevant experience as Software Developer, preferably using Microsoft .NET Framework (C# or VB.NET)
- Domain experience in Sports Betting Markets, Financial Markets (such as Stock Exchange, Options, Bonds, ForEx, etc), or other types of 2-sided markets.
- MS or PHD in Computer Science
- Time Series Analysis
- SQL and SQLServer
- Web development experience using ASP.NET.
- Understanding of rules for American sports and soccer and passion for sports in general.
If you're not interested, but know someone who is, please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them. In addition, we're happy to give you a $1,000 referral fee.
Click here to Apply Online