Accounts Receivable Job Description
We are looking for an analytical accounts receivable professional to assist our accounting department as it receives, processes, and collects on goods sold or services rendered. In this role, you will be required to review account information, correct discrepancies, and ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected.
To succeed as an accounts receivable professional, you should be a skilled and thorough researcher with excellent communication and record-keeping skills. You should be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Identify problem accounts with payors; investigate and correct error, follow-up on missing account information, and resolve past-due accounts.
- Research inquiries regarding past-due balances and insurance guidelines.
- Resolve delinquent accounts; prepare payment plans and monitor adherence to plans by guarantor; direct accounts to inside collection department when necessary.
- Prepare reports to identify and resolve accounts receivable issues.
- Post data; verify and perform mathematical computations; maintain files.
- Compose and type routine correspondence, memos, letters, appeals, etc.
- Work with practices within the organization in getting any necessary or requested documentation for patients, insurance carriers or other areas.
- Identify patient accounts for collection action when delinquent or when unable to contact patient or guarantor.
- Process payments and/or issue payment receipts.
- Process the Account Receivable Report.
- Initiate contact if there is a delay in responding to statements or claims.
- May process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Verify all patient and guarantor demographics are entered correctly when confirming account for refunds team.
- Enter contact notes related to all communications regarding account including phone, email, letter, spark, TEAMS, and all other methods of communications between patient, guarantor, insurance carrier, practice, and surgeon.
- Provide the utmost level of customer service to the practice.
- Perform tasks for other accounts receivable representatives while they are on vacation.
- Provide support for other team personnel during periods of high activity.
Accounts Receivable Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience within field
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong math, typing, and computer skills, especially with bookkeeping software.
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.