Assistant Project Manager
- Primarily responsible for organizing and circulating the various documents required to execute the project, including drawings, specifications, submittals, RFIs and site instructions.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with building permits and ROW permits submissions.
- Assist with the tender, award and contract preparation of trade contracts.
- Receive, process and submit shop drawings and samples to consultants for approval.
- Review contract drawings and submittals to co-ordinate the work of the trade contractors.
- Have an active presence on site and meet regularly with site staff and trade contractors.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with monitoring the site and solving problems.
- Prepare and submit RFIs to the consultants.
- Expedite approvals of submittals and answers to RFIs.
- Receive, review and circulate site instructions issued by the consultants.
- Receive, review and circulate inspection reports issued by the consultants.
- Maintain the construction schedule in MS Project and Excel.
- Assist with the review of progress draws submitted by contractors.
- Assist with the review of trade contractor claims for change orders.
- Prepare purchase orders and change orders as directed by the Senior Project Manager.
- Enter committed costs into the Jonas accounting system as directed by the project manager.
- Enter anticipated costs into the Jonas accounting system as directed by the Senior Project Manager.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager in preparing project status reports.
- Assist with documentation to prove compliance with Toronto Green Standards.
- Assist with setting up the decor management process and circulate selections to trades.
- Assist with setting up the PDI in-suite warranty program.
- Obtain documents from trade contractors for turnover to the condominium corporation.
- Assist with the correction of deficiencies noted on our pre-Performance Audit inspection.
- Assist with the correction of deficiencies noted on the Tarion Performance Audits.
- Assist with retail queries and co-ordinate base building works.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and environment legislation and standards.
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as required
- 3-7 years of experience in multi-unit residential construction.
- A planner, problem preventer and problem solver.
- An attention to detail in the office and on site.
- A good communicator and consensus builder.
- Thrives working in a "small company" atmosphere where job boundaries are blurred.
- Proficient user of Excel, Word and project scheduling software.
- Related post-secondary degree.
- A professional designation would be beneficial.